Denver Mattress Company was founded in the 1980s and has been around since near the beginning of the online mattress industry. They first rose to popularity at a time when waterbeds were a hit, and they started making and selling waterbed inserts for other mattress companies. As other mattress types became more popular, Denver Mattress expanded and started selling their own beds, now offering over 25 different mattresses. In this guide, we’ll talk about the five best beds they carry and brush on Denver mattress reviews to help you decide if you should be shopping with this brand.
- Available Models
- Five Best Denver Mattress Models
- Sleep Trial & Warranty
- Where to Buy these Beds
- Did You Find Your Next Bed?
Available Mattress Models
One of the biggest perks that comes with shopping with Denver is the variety of beds they carry. Regardless of your sleep needs, chances are they have a bed for you. Denver’s different models range in size, firmness, price, and quality.
Here is a list of Denver Mattress Company’s current top models:
- Doctor’s Choice Plush Mattress
- Summit Mattress
- Buena Vista Plush Mattress
- Doctor’s Choice Elite Firm Mattress
- Aspen 2.0 Firm Air Foam Mattress
- Big Kahuna Euro Top Mattress
- Aspen 3.0 Plush Air Foam Mattress
- Dove Creek Luxury Firm Mattress
- Telluride Plush Mattress
- Madison Luxury Firm Mattress
- Steamboat Firm Mattress
- Breckenridge Gel Memory Foam Mattress
- Arapahoe Euro Top Mattress
This list is only a small portion of the mattresses that Denver Mattress Company offers, as they make and sell an overwhelming number of beds.
Denver Mattress Company does not carry every mattress in all standard sizes. For a seemingly inexplicable reason, each mattress is carried in a different variety of sizes. For example, the Summit Mattress is only sold as Twin, Full, or Queen; whereas their Athlete’s Choice™ the Silver bed is only available as a TwinXL, Queen or King. Finding the bed you like in the size you need could be a hard feat, and it appears they offer very few options in Twin and California King, limiting your options if you’re specifically looking for those sizes.
Each of Denver Mattress Company’s mattresses are guaranteed by the company to be built with American made material of the highest quality. The comfort layers on their all-foam models are meant to offer denser foam options. Their memory foam beds use foam that is supposed to offer personalized support. Additionally, their latex mattress uses HeveaPUR latex, an all-natural form of latex designed to be durable and highly breathable.
Our Five Recommendations
When shopping with Denver, we recommend choosing one of these five mattresses: Doctor’s Choice® Plush, Buena Vista Plush, Summit, Aspen® 3.0 Air Foam Bed-in-a-Box, or their Green Choice® Loveland®2 memory foam mattress. Below, we’ll discuss all five of these beds and the materials used to make them.
Doctor’s Choice® Plush Innerspring Mattress
Innerspring mattresses have been around since the 1870s, so it’s no surprise Denver Mattress Company designs and sells over five different innerspring mattress models. If you prefer a bouncy, firm mattress, an innerspring bed is for you. Though they’re not nearly as common as memory foam mattresses in today’s market, they’ve stood the test of time for a reason.
Denver mattress company designed their Doctor’s Choice® beds with proprietary poly-foam to eliminate pressure points. Plus, the coil system they use in their mattress offers zoned pressure relief. Let’s look at the layers in this bed.
- The cover of this mattress is 1 inch of Denver Mattress Company’s EF foam, otherwise known as poly-foam, and 1.5 inches of convoluted EF foam. The cover also has a rayon fire barrier on the inside and micro denier jacquard ticking on the outside.
- The first layer on the inside of the mattress is 2.5 inches of convoluted EF foam. This egg-crate shaped foam is what gives this bed it’s pressure relieving abilities. They also use a Flex Net Insulator in this layer. They’re unclear what the function of this layer is on their website, except that it adds extra support to the sleeper.
- The coil system below is 14.5-gauge twice tempered steel coils encased in poly-foam. As we mentioned, Denver Mattress Co. designs this coil system to offer enhanced pressure relief. Because they encase these coils in poly-foam, it adds enhanced support to the edges of the mattress, giving the mattress shape.
Buena Vista Plush Hybrid Mattress
Many mattresses are technically considered hybrids because they contain a variety of materials. However, a true hybrid mattress aims to offer a 50:50 ratio of foams to coils. These beds are great if you like a memory foam feel, but don’t want to sacrifice the bounciness and responsiveness of a bed with coils.
Denver Mattress Co.’s Buena Vista Plush is designed to have a medium-firm feel, which makes it great for back and stomach sleepers because it should be firm enough to offer healthy spine support.
Let’s look at the layers of this bed:
- The cover of the mattress contains two layers of foam, the first is 1.75 inches of Denver’s proprietary ECOFOAM® blend and the second is 1.5 inches of egg-crate-shaped poly-foam. These two layers of foams are quilted in a stretchy knit cover. Denver also uses a natural rayon fireguard in this mattress.
- Below the layers of quilted foam lies this bed’s support system, made of a 15-gauge steel coil system. Denver encases this coil system is high-density foam, to give the bed reinforced edge support, and give the coils a firm surface to bounce on.
Summit Innerspring Mattress
Though innerspring beds have been a classic choice for many years, they’ve started declining in popularity in recent years, when compared to other mattress types. The two biggest reasons these beds are becoming less popular is one, coil systems are not the most durable and long-lasting material, meaning innerspring beds may become uncomfortable after only a few years of sleeping on one; and two, innerspring beds can be noisy and bouncy, so if you share the bed with a partner, these qualities can result in disturbed sleep.
Overall, this bed is designed to feel firm, meaning it’s great for choice who prefer a more “on the bed” feel in comparison to a cradling feel from their mattress.
Let’s look at the materials Denver uses in this popular innerspring model:
- The cover of the mattress has 1.5 inches of convoluted poly-foam and 1 inch of soft poly-foam quilted in Damask ticking. Denver uses a natural rayon fire barrier in this bed, too.
- Below of the cover of this mattress is 1.5 inches of poly-foam designed to be soft and provide some cushion when laying on this bed. This layer also acts as a nice transition layer between the two foam layers above and the coil system below.
- Denver uses their B.O.S.S.® (Balanced Orthopedic Sleep System) support technology in this mattress. The innerspring system of this mattress is made with 13.75 gauge twice tempered steel coils.
Aspen 3.0 Plush Air Foam Bed-in-a-Box
Denver’s Aspen bed-in-a-box mattress is one of their most popular models for one big reason: convenience. Once you buy this bed online, Denver ships it free to your doorstep in an easy-to-transport box. After you receive your new Aspen, setting it up is as easy as taking it out of the box and unrolling it on your bed frame.
Denver uses their proprietary Air Foam in this bed, a poly-foam designed to be, as the name suggests, more airy than traditional foams. Because this bed is designed to be breathable, it should allow for air to flow easily throughout the mattress. If you’re somebody who’s prone to waking up hot during the night, this bed can help you sleep cooler and get better, more restful sleep.
The Aspen is sold under two names, the Aspen 2.0 and the Aspen 3.0. The Aspen 2.0 is the firmer version of this model, as the Aspen 3.0 is Denver’s softest mattress-in-a-box. If you prefer a firmer mattress, choose the Aspen 2.0.
Let’s look at the layers of this mattress:
- Denver uses a unique cooling technology, ice fabric, in the cover of their mattresses. They weave this ice fabric into their stretchy cover to deliver a cooling sensation to the sleeper when laying on this bed. This technology works in conjunction with Denver’s Air Foam to prevent you from overheating on this mattress. They also use a fire sock in this mattress, but do not specify which one.
- The first layer of this mattress is 1.5 inches of Air Foam. They engineer this foam to have a density of 2.5 pounds, which is thought to be the ideal density for support and durability. When you lay on this bed, this layer should cushion and contour to your body, relieving pressure points and tension. If you’re somebody who frequently experiences aches or pains when rolling out of bed in the morning, this foam mattress could help to ease the frequency and severity of your discomfort.
- Next, is another 1.5 inches of Air Foam. Unlike the layer above, this foam has a lower density, but should still feel soft and cushioning.
- Below, is a 7-inch high-density poly-foam core. The core of the mattress gives the bed it’s shape and should prevent sags from occurring in the foam.
- The last layer of this mattress is a thin, 1-inch, layer of poly-foam. Denver includes this last layer in the design of their bed to offer more edge and structural support to the layers and sleeper above.
Green Choice® Loveland®2 Mattress
If you’re searching specifically for a memory foam mattress, check out Denver’s Green Choice® Loveland®2 mattress. Denver uses plant-based memory foam in this mattress, making it an eco-friendly option, too. Two big perks to using plant-based foam include a reduced risk of off-gassing and increased breathability. Because a large portion of the harsh chemicals typically used to manufacture memory foam are cut from the manufacturing process of plant-based foam, there’s a much lesser chance of these beds emitting chemical-like smells. Plus, the open-cell structure of this foam gives it enhanced breathability, allowing the body heat you emit while you sleep to flow through and out of the bed.
Memory foam is considered one of the best mattress for easing chronic pains, making them an excellent option for consumers shopping for a mattress that can help them sleep sleep pain-free. Because this bed is softer, it’s also great for side sleepers because should allow their hips and shoulders to compress in the mattress, releasing pressure. Let’s look at the other materials Denver uses in this mattress.
- The cover of this mattress is double Jacquard fabric and a stretchy fire sock.
- The first layer of this mattress is 2 inches of plant-based memory foam. When you lay on this bed, this material should mold to your body and offer exceptional cushioning.
- Next, is 5 inches of high-density foam, as the core of this mattress. As we mentioned earlier, the core of an all-foam mattress functions mainly to give the bed shape and support.
- The last layer of this bed is 1 inch of firm foam to give the bed reinforced edge support.
Sleep Trial & Warranty Information
Denver Mattress Company does not have a sleep trial or standardized warranty. The time in which one of their mattresses is covered depends on the mattress. If you shop Denver Mattress Company, make sure to check the coverage fits your needs. If you’re unsure of what’s covered, ask questions to make sure you have a thorough understanding of the warranty agreement.
Though they do not offer a sleep trial, they do offer a 365 Day Better Sleep Guarantee. This guarantee states you can return your mattress within the first four months for a full credit towards a refund or exchange. In the next four months, you can get 75% credit toward exchange. The last four months of your first year, you can get 50% credit toward exchange. While they do offer refunds, you aren’t guaranteed money back; you may just be getting store credit.
Denver Mattress Company does not have a straight-forward pricing system because they carry such a variety of beds. To make your search easier, we’ve compiled prices of a few of their most popular mattresses in Queen sizes:
- Doctor’s Choice Plush Mattress: $599
- Summit Mattress: $199
- Aspen 3.0 Plush Air Foam Mattress: $699
- Aspen 2.0 Firm Air Foam Mattress: $599
- Buena Vista Plush Hybrid Mattress: $349
- Dove Creek Luxury Firm Mattress: $1,399
- Steamboat Firm Mattress: $249
- Telluride Plush Mattress: $1,699
- Big Kahuna Euro Top Mattress: $3,499 (only sold in their “Big Kahuna” size— one foot taller than the traditional King bed, equaling dimensions 76W x 92L)
Their mattresses go from just under $200 to almost $4,000. Meaning, Denver has options regardless of your budget restrictions. Plus, you can usually find better prices on their beds around the holidays when they hold mattress sales.
Where to Buy These Beds
Denver sells their mattresses primarily online and in their own storefronts across the country. They are a branch of Furniture Row, a larger furniture store chain, and you can find their beds in those stores, too. On their website, they have a store locator to help you find the closest store with Denver mattresses near your zip code.
By choosing to sell their own mattresses, they are able to eliminate the middleman and charge lower prices. Unfortunately, they do not offer free shipping on all of their beds, but they do offer free in-store pickup on those models.
Did You Find Your Next Bed?
If you need a new mattress to help you sleep better, Denver has options. Take your time during your search and read reviews on the latest mattresses before choosing the best bed for you. When making an investment in your quality of sleep, it’s important to make sure the bed you buy will pay off in years of healthy sleep to come.